Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot get Previously Registered Camera to Display in Arlo App.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
trader
Tutor
Tutor

All,

I purhcased an Arlo base station and several cameras shortly after they first came out.  I've been using them with no problem at home for a while now.  Recently, I purchased some space in a warehosue that I wanted to moniter with Arlo as well.  What I ended up doing was purchasing a new base station and registering a new email account for that location.  Then I unregistered one of the cameras from my home arlo and tried to sync it with the base station on the new account in the warehouse.  I followed the sync process outlined by netgear and it appears as though the camera syncs succesfully.  However, the video window for that camera never appears in the app.

To be clear, the camera was previously registered to a base station, but I did unregister it from my home account.  The new base station that I'm trying to set it up on was never registered, but was brand new.  In addition, I was able to sucesfully sync a brand new wired Arlo camera to it.  

Any ideas of how to get the old camera set up on my new base station?   

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you power cycled the base?  ALso check all firmware for the latest version compared to the Release Notes section here.

trader
Tutor
Tutor

Indeed I power cycled the base.  How do I update the firmware on the camera if I can't even get it connected and visible within the app?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess I'd try to pair it with the original base again to see what happens.  If it shows up in the second base's Settings, My Devices, remove it from there first.

trader
Tutor
Tutor

Ugh.  Yeah, I already did that too.  I paired it with the original base station and removed it.  I have tried nearly everything and still can't get it -- or any other camera assocaited with my old base station -- synced with my new base station so that it displays in the app.  I must say, I'm quite underwhelmed by the Arlo system.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That doesn't make sense.  I've swapped cameras between bases (although still on the same account) with no issue. I think using a case with support is what's needed.