Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
raygill
Follower
Follower

Arlo sucks. i had a great system until they made me get the new app. it cannot find my base station or anything and Arlo will not help unless I pay them for support. Screw you Arlo!!!!

Arlo Pro mv4000

10 REPLIES 10
Calpeper
Tutor
Tutor

Agreed.
This system wasn't exactly a 'breeze' 6 months ago when I spent over an hour (on my new system) to get the base station and cameras to sync. Then, recently, the recorded audio/video were out-of-sync with each other. Now, with the implementation of their new app, I've spent hours today (on my FREAKIN SUNDAY / Day Off) trying to get the base station and cameras to re-sync = but they won't (and "yes, I have followed their 'troubleshooting' process ad nauseum)!!!

Any home web cam recommendation - BESIDE ARLO - are now welcome!

Mo_Martz09
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've had my Arlo Pro system for 2 years and I loved it and recommend it to several people that were happy with it. But now after this update my cameras are dying off one by one. 2 of 3 cans are inoperable. I refuse to pay for customer support. We paid for a trusted and reliable product and Netgear/Arlo needs to continue to deliver that. I'm sure that we're not the only ones with this issue. My Android app isn't getting updates from camera base station at all.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi raygill and Mo_Martz09,

The support team does not charge any service for help. Be sure to contact the Support Team in the provided link. You will find several options for contacting support. You can read this article to learn how to avoid any support scams: How can I avoid Arlo support scams?

Hey Calpeper,

Since you're having problems trying to sync your Arlo Base Station and Arlo camera, what LED lights are showing on your Arlo Base Station?

Calpeper
Tutor
Tutor
The Power & Internet... and the Sync when it’s ‘trying’ to sync.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try reading this article to see how to troubleshoot if your Arlo camera is not syncing with your Base Station to see if that helps: My Arlo camera will not sync with my SmartHub or base station; how can I troubleshoot it?

Calpeper
Tutor
Tutor
Yes, of course, I’ve followed all of those steps (there are not that many, nor are they hard to understand). The battery in the camera (both of them) were fully charged; I trued syncing one camera at a time; I held the camera 2ft from the base station; the camera and the base station were both flashing during the sync-attempt... I followed the instructions (repeatedly) online ‘and’ from the app... for two hours, over and over again... they fail to sync.

Interestingly, I even tried completely deleting my base station and my cameras from my app; rebooted my phone, and ran the app again; the app found my base station immediately but (as I’ve said) could not sync with either camera (period).
Mo_Martz09
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also tried all of the troubleshooting items on that list and nothing changed.  Let me explained my exact situation.

I have three cameras.  Two in my driveway area and one at my front door entryway.  All three exterior.  After the NEW app update, the Front Door (#1) camera stopped functioning. It was at 50% battery before it went offline.  I tried charging the battery and swapping batteries and it won't turn on at all.  No LED lights. I cannot even sync this camera because it will not turn on. 

So I then moved one of my newest (only three months old) driveway cameras to the Front Door area.  Within one day it stopped recording or detecting motion.  I can access it LIVE but it WILL NOT detect motion.  I tried removing it and re-syncing it. It syncs but still does not detect motion with settings even at 100.  However it will detect audio if its on setting 5. 

I don't have any electrical or wifi interference or items near my Front Door area.  Could high humidity or lack of air circulation be damaging the internals? I wouldn't imaging that it would since it's rated to be in the elements.

For a temporary fix I have my Front Door camera turning on when my only remaining Driveway camera detects motion.  Its a huge bandage to help it limp along until this is resolved.

ARLO Moderator please advise.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Calpeper and Mo_Martz09,

With the issues that you're both experiencing and trying all troubleshooting steps, I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Calpeper
Tutor
Tutor
Hmmm... let me think...
I can spend several more hours of my life wasting time on the phone with someone who barely understands english and is reading troubleshooting tips from a call center handbook only to tell me (eventually) they’re going to “escalate” the ticket to another representative from whom I will either be disconnected or (if not) will have no idea about my ‘ticket’ so we’ll need to start from scratch...
Or I could just go out and buy a Nest or a Ring (and then tell all my friends, family & colleagues about my ‘Arlo experience’).

OR Arlo could just fix their crap software.

Nope, that won’t happen.
Think I’ll buy a Nest.
Talbertsen
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the exact same issue. The new app is unable to locate my base station. I read the troubleshooting guide, followed the directions and still it does not “discover”. I even double checked the system via the Arlo app and it shows everything is operational. This is incredibly poor customer support. Very frustrated