Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can you set the loudness of the siren

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
verhagen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you set the loudness of the siren

6 REPLIES 6
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Yes. Edit your rule, add the siren, click the pencil to edit the siren. You can set duration and loudness in there.

verhagen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't have a clue what rules are or where they are or how to set them up, etc etc etc. Why do things have to be so complicated ? Why can't there just be a category called SIREN and when you click on it have various options ... Turn it on, turn it off, loudness variables, which devices to have it connected to, option to sound thru the camera speakers not in the house. I WANT TO HAVE THE SIREN SOUND THROUGH THE CAMERA SPEAKERS AT THE POINT OF DISTURBANCE OR THROUGH ALL AT ONCE. THERE SHOULD BE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THAT

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

The siren will not sound through the cameras. Sorry!

The new Ultra I think will have that ability. Not available until early 2019

Rules allow for the programming of the various tasks you mention. You may want to do some homework on how they work.

Good luck.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If you don't know what modes or rules are, then I suggest you take a look at the FAQ and support articles that explain it. Modes and rules are what tells your cameras what to do. If you don't have any modes or rules set up and activated the cameras aren't going to do anything except live view.

Modes are on the "Mode" tab in the app. Rules are in each mode. Edit a mode, then edit a rule. In there you can add the siren and choose your loudness and duration. Note: the siren does not sound thru the cameras, just thru the base.

verhagen
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no information in the User Guide on Rules. Nothing on how to set them up or how to use them or what kind of rules you can make. WHY NOT ?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero