Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Can’t view recorded video. Splash screen showing to activate Arlo subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Av8tr64
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can’t view recorded video. There is a splash on the screen that wants me to activate an Arlo smart subscription. I don’t want a subscription and can’t get the screen splash to disappear. I reset the base station with no change.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

NOt sure this will help but have you tried accepting that invitation and then canceling before actually paying for it?

Av8tr64
Aspirant
Aspirant
The screen that shows “learn more” only takes you to a web page with options for subscription descriptions. Nothing I can see to sign up.

DE83F18B-6021-4040-84D1-81A5C74DE050.png
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think I saw this before but was able to clear it - by clicking elsewhere? Don't remember. I'd start by rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. Try the web client to see if that is ok.

Av8tr64
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply. I’ve reset the system, deleted and reinstalled the app as well as logged in through the web client. I can’t click anywhere on the screen. The whole thing is locked up. I can’t figure out how to clear the message off the screen.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just installed the latest app for a beta I'm in that did something similar but it had a "Dismiss" button I could click on. This was on Android - are you on iOS?

Also, have you gone into the Settings, Subscription area and checked things out there?

Av8tr64
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep, iOS
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here to log an issue with the iOS app.