Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't onboard Pro cameras after base reset

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jdpeters404
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently did an iOS update and my Arlo access stopped. I had to reset my Smarthub and all of my cameras, but 2 cameras still will not connect after 3 days of trying.

12 REPLIES 12
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are you still experiencing this issue with onboarding your devices? 

Jdpeters404
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I am definitely still having issues reconnecting to my cameras.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried factory resetting the cameras by "Press and hold the sync button on the the camera for about 15 seconds, until the camera LED begins blinking amber, then let go."

Can you try onboarding again via the web portal and arlo app again. 

Jdpeters404
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have tried resetting both cameras and no new results.
Jdpeters404
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s been frustrating not being able to get any customers service help for Arlo products.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried the web portal and mobile app? 

Jdpeters404
Aspirant
Aspirant
I only use the mobile app to setup. I never heard of a web version. The blue lights on the cameras are blinking and the SmartHub lights are on and the light over camera blinks fast, but they never sync. I retried the steps indicated on the app numerous times for several hours over 4 days.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try onboarding the cameras on https://my.arlo.com/#/login

You will need to sign in and then Under Devices > Scroll down to Add device > make sure to select the appropriate device for your camera.

dcortez
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem and have tried everything on the support service.

I have arlo pro 2 camera and base station. They have worked for years without a problem. 3 days ago all stopped working. All I see on my app is the old library of videos, no devices. 

As suggested, I did a factor reset with the base station. That seemed to work. two green lights on left. So on and internet connected. The base hub is recognized. I hit the sync on the top of the hub and it is recognized.  So my app shows my hub as a connected device. 

Now I try to connect my Arlo 2 camera. Hit sync, get flashing blue and wait for minutes. It times out and the right light on the hub is not on.  Camera not recognized. 

Next I hold the camera sync button form 15 seconds to factor reset the camera. Tried to install the camera .. same story.    I seem to be out of options.  I need to get this fixed.  I have a second location 100 mi away and it has the same set up and same problem.  Is there phone support available .. even if I pay for it.?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to onboard the cameras via the web portal? 

dcortez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure how, but was able to onboard my Arlo Essential Spotlight.

But now the spotlight will not come on when motion is detected. Day or Night. 

Under video,spotlight is on, night vision is on. 

Tried everything but nothing works. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dcortez wrote:

Not sure how, but was able to onboard my Arlo Essential Spotlight.

But now the spotlight will not come on when motion is detected. Day or Night. 

Under video,spotlight is on, night vision is on. 

Tried everything but nothing works. 

Is the camera recording?