Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t login to see videos

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Windhorse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can no longer login to check video recordings. Tried to reset pwd. However, reset button doesn’t work after entering a new password. It’s grayed out. Not using a subscription option. Just the standard 7 day video storage. Or is that option now gone? 🫤

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Windhorse wrote:

Just the standard 7 day video storage. Or is that option now gone? 

It is not gone - Arlo still provides it for the legacy cameras that were sold with that feature.

@Windhorse wrote:

Tried to reset pwd. However, reset button doesn’t work after entering a new password.

Are you saying you are unable to get into the original account?  Since you've reset the the base, you need to regain access to the account, and remove the cameras and base.  Then use "add device" to add them back.

Windhorse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday I tried to check activity remotely and had to login. Which is a standard step since I’ve owned the cameras. No biggie. Login credentials are stored on phone. But yesterday Arlo system would not accept credentials. This morning still could jot get in. tried to do the pwd reset and the button was grayed out so I could not  complete the the reset. However,, I was able to login with old credentials to join this forum…?  That’s why I thought that maybe free 7-day storage was axed. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Windhorse wrote:

However,, I was able to login with old credentials to join this forum…?  

Can you log into your account from a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Forum and app credentials are totally separate. Are you actually logging out from the app each time or just backgrounding it (which is the preferred method)? Are there and invisible spaces in that new password, perhaps the one or both of the ends?

The lack of login would never be due to whether the plan has been removed/axed.

Windhorse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have not tried from laptop. But I will! 

Windhorse
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting about different logins for app and forum. To my knowledge/recollection I’ve only setup credentials one time for Arlo.  I don’t logout. Not sure what’s happening, but I’ve always thought the reason I get bumped out when I’m remote is because I go from the shared Wi-Fi to cellular access. 

The new password was generated by my phone. So not sure if there were spaces. But that’s a good tip. I’ll make my own password and see what happens