Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

thal_gr
Initiate
Initiate

When I try to add new iPhone as trusted device, I keep getting "Oops! An error occurred."

I have the two step verification and have SMS as the primary step. I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Please authenticate and attempt to trust your new iOS devices again and let us know if you still experience any issues.

Thanks,

JamesC

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

• StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

Lots of folks having this issue at the moment. The work-around is simple - choose "don't trust" for now.

205 REPLIES 205
itsfantasy24
Aspirant
Aspirant
My trusted device not recognized. New cell phone. Was logged out when I got it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@itsfantasy24 wrote:
My trusted device not recognized. New cell phone. Was logged out when I got it.

Try email verification, and once in you can trust the new phone.

simplybay
Initiate
Initiate

Like all other older posts..I am unable to add my iphone as a trusted device after installing the Arlo Secure app. I follow all the steps; have tried push notifications with no luck, also tried sms messages, received the code and entered it..then when I click on 'trust', red message appears on top stating that there is a problem trusting this device. Try again. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled app and still no luck. Reboot my iphone and still in vain. Your assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

Zamudiocy4
Tutor
Tutor
I got a new iPhone and I got the verification code. As I enter the code and press trust, it keeps saying “there was a problem trusting this device. Try again.” I have tried several times and even texted the verification/ email and says the same thing. Also I deleted the app several times and still won’t trust my iphone. How can this be fixed or who can I contact?
Gfishfarm
Initiate
Initiate

Got a new phone and am trying to login to the app and I can’t get past the “trust your phone” step. Constantly times out. Any. Help appreciated!

cdevidal
Initiate
Initiate

Same here. Two different iPhones. Deleted/reinstalled the app, tried push and SMS, no gold. I think it's a service problem.

hill5126
Initiate
Initiate

Got new iphone 13 and app will not trust as a new device

GMx3
Initiate
Initiate
I having trouble getting the arlo secure app to trust my iPhone after it’s been verified. I keep getting a notification saying there is a problem trusting this device and to try again. I’ve tried deleting the app and restarting my phone. Nothing has helped.
MarinoP
Initiate
Initiate

Getting same "There was a problem trusting this device.  Try again" message.

Just got a new iPhone SE. I log into Arlo Secure mobile app successfully and get SMS verification code sent to it. I enter the code to verify my identify successfully and then get "Add Trusted device?" screen.  Press "Trust" and get "There was a problem trusting this device.  Try again"  message.

I have deleted and re-installed the Arlo Secure app, have re-booted the iPhone, deleted the old iPhone name from my Trusted Device list, and no luck.  The new iPhone SE is iOS 15.5. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
There could be a arlo backend issue but have a read of the link related to two factor requirements.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062580/What-is-a-trusted-device
Dannybear
Master
Master
While it could be a arlo backend issue. Have a read of arlo two factor requirements.

Dannybear
Master
Master
While this could be related to a arlo backend issue. Have a read of arlo two factor requirements.

Dannybear
Master
Master
While this might be related to a arlo backend issue. Have a read of arlo two factor requirements.

Dannybear
Master
Master
While this is likely a arlo backend issue . Have a read of arlo two factor requirements.

Dannybear
Master
Master
While this could be related to a arlo backend issue. Have a read of arlo two factor requirements.

thal_gr
Initiate
Initiate
I have only 2 items in the Trusted Devices section so it’s well below the 5 devices limit.

The only way that I can access the app is to not put as trusted device because it always says there’s issue on approving. Even though I put sms verification & put the right code in etc.

amcintyre
Initiate
Initiate
Hello,
I have a new iPhone and when logging into the app it will not trust new device. I am able to receive the verification code, but when I hit the trust button I get the same message. “There was a problem trusting this device, Try again.”
robinbillings
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  I have followed several recommendations, including deleting all old dev ices, changing the names of the iPhones and rebooting, reinstalling the App from the App Store and rebooting.  None of these approaches is working.  Any suggestions or the ability to speak with a real human being and not the chat bot would be most appreciated!

polevaulter316
Initiate
Initiate

I'm trying login my Arlo app and have reinstalled it a couple time. I receive the code just fine and able to authenticate. When I hit the trust button, I'm unable to trust my new iphone. Extremely frustrating. Please fix and provide a solution.

LBE
Initiate
Initiate
Having the same problem with new iPhone 13. System won’t trust the new phone
Bearwaffles
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue, just got the pro 13 and can’t log in. Always get an error message. Have deleted the app and reinstalled it several times. Have tried all the post solutions in here and nothing…
Gshaheen88
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having trouble signing in to the Arlo app, every time I go to trust the device, it keeps loading and doesn’t go through, any suggestions?
Silvia33
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same problem on my IPhone 12 Pro Max
ThinkFlight
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue and MANY more. 

TLDR; I am seriously considering returning the video doorbell and the 4 pack of arlo 2 ultra cameras to Costco tomorrow.  Arlo seems to be be having serious system issues that are NOT being reported accurately on their status page.  After experiencing these issues and dealing with Arlo's customer support, and where my doorbell camera is not sending notifications or video but the chime is working; I'm reconsidering the entire arlo product line as a solution for me.  Apparently a serious flaw in coverage will occur if you either lose internet and or they have system outages.  I'm contemplating switching to EUFY which saves the video locally and offers cloud backup as a addon.

Full story; 

I picked up a video doorbell just a couple of days ago on the 27th. There seems to be some serious issues at Arlo right now.  I could never get the app to verify my iPad, or iPhone with the 2fa process when you go to "trust" the device it fails saying there was an error.  Fortunately you can, after the required 2 attempts via push and sms, finally select "don't trust" and skip this part.  The video door bell worked fine after this.  Adding the chime was problematic as it took multiple attempts as it kept trying to update the firmware and then would not reconnect the network but I FINALLY got it working after about the 5th attempt.

At this point I reached out to tech support via the provided phone number on Costco's site (though it was kind of hidden in Costco's site).  The line says its 24x7 yet when you call they close at 6 pm PST... (go figure... Red flag number 2).  The person I spoke with informed me that there was an outage for this and they were working on it and gave me a ticket number saying they though it would be resolved in a day.  Today 29th I tried again - no luck.  I called Tech support again, and the person this time told me to take a screenshot of the error and update the ticket.  Which I have done.  Still have not herd back.

Moving on from this I decided to try installing the Arlo ultra 2, 4 pack cameras that I picked up for my folks.  Once I got to my folks place we tried looking up the document for the Arlo 2 Ultra's via their website document page and BEHOLD - Access restriction xml error on their own support page for this specific camera...  tired my phone, on cellular, no luck same thing.  I called tech support yet again and spoke with a rep who could get it to work "on her side" and she sent me an email with a different link pointing to a different spot on their site that DID work... go figure.  She told me to update the ticket she created for this and include a screen shot.  When I tried to submit the update for the ticket through Arlo's own support portal page - it ERRORED THERE as well.  SO she had me get a screen shot of that and send an email in to them to the normal "customer support" email address she gave me.  What a joke.

From here we hooked up the required smart hub, and after several attempts it finally updated the firmware and was added to the app. (oh and their ipad's and iphone's have the same issue with 2fa authentication - so clearly its not restricted to my internet and hardware.  Once we got the smart hub working we tried adding a camera.  It gets stuck at "name the camera" part.  Here it errors out saying it can't name the camera and to try again - which goes through the process of pressing the sync button on the camera and trying again... long story short I've tried just about every thing I can think of to get this to work - between all 4 of the cameras (same issue for all of them) and pressing the sync on the base and the camera .. no joy.

After all of this I got home and noticed a package on the door - though It was odd that I didn't get a notification, so I opened the app (and had to log in again wasting time due to it trying to force their non functioning 2fa and doing the "don't trust" thing again just to get it to log in again) and once open I noticed I didn't have ANY notifications for hours... yet a few people went in and out the door since then.  No video, no notifications, nothing.  I also noticed at 5:04 pm PST it recorded the last event and nothing past that.  That was about the same time I went to my folks place to try to set up the cameras. 

So I tried connecting to the cameras live feed and it fails...nothing.  Last image it shows is the one video and event at 5:04. However if you walk up to the doorbell it's LED lights glow like its recording - and if you press the button it still chimes the wireless chime adapter.  Just no video or alerts.  Its now 2am PST and the doorbell camera is still not working - the battery (which was at 5:00pm at 90% is now down to 45%.  My guess is that trying to connect to the internet for video all this time is draining the battery.

Over the last couple of hours I've been digging into this site and others to see if others have had similar issues.  Apparently the 2fa issues has cropped up numerous times over the last several years.  As has the naming of the camera issues.  What really stood out to me though is that there are MANY complaints here, on Arlo's customer support site that their customer service has seriously degraded since about late February of this year.

After all of these issues, and seeing the repots of declining customer service, I'm reconsidering the entire arlo product line as a solution for me.  Apparently a serious flaw in coverage will occur if you either lose internet and or Arlo has system outages.  At this point I'm contemplating switching to EUFY which saves the video locally and offers cloud backup as a addon for about the same price, perhaps a bit less.  But with their systems it appears that you would while I might not get the notification if there was a system outage or my internet was out, I WOULD still be able to have a local copy of the video once I was back home.  This, I think is going to be a big deciding factor for me after seeing the reports of Arlo's CS worsening and having the issues I've had over the last several days.