Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can’t add cameras after deleting. Tried manually syncing. Doesn't appear on app/devices.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
angelasalamone
Follower
Follower

I recently did a firmware update and afterwards my 3 cameras were no longer detecting motion. After researching, I saw this was a common issue, and most solutions involved deleting camera and reinstalling. So I deleted all 3 cameras but now am unable to add any of them again. I went through the “add a device” option in the app with no luck (couldn’t find Arlo device), so I tried manually synching by buttons on base/cameras. Synch appeared to be successful according to lights on both base and cameras, but cameras do not appear listed in app or under devices. Suggestions are appreciated please! I’ve spent the last 4 hours on this and am getting extremely frustrated!!

2 REPLIES 2
Dannybear
Master
Master
We’re you using a mobile app or the web portal, if the former try the later method. Power cycle the base station first.

You can also try moving a camera near the base station with the battery removed and externally powered by the charger and resync.
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

We unplugged the base power at the back of it, waited 15 minutes, then plugged it back in and that solved it for us last year when we had that problem. Hope this helps.