Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can i have 6 cameras installed on a arlo pro base and only have 5 recording?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
thez34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can i have 6 cameras installed on a arlo pro base and only have 5 recording and stay in basic plan?? Arlo Pro...

According to advertisement.......

"Arlo Basic 7-Day Cloud Recording

Arlo Pro comes with Arlo Basic service that lets you keep the past 7 days of motion-
and sound-triggered recordings, for up to 5 cameras."

So if only 5 are to record but having 6 conected to base, sounds like I can stay in basic plan with no additional charge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. If you have the basic plan, you can syc as many cameras as you like but only 5 can be active at one time. You will have to manually deactivate a camera to be able to activate another.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes. If you have the basic plan, you can syc as many cameras as you like but only 5 can be active at one time. You will have to manually deactivate a camera to be able to activate another.

thez34
Aspirant
Aspirant

So that should be as simple as turning the camera off within the app or web page, correct?

Thank you for your reply

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It depends on what you mean by "turning off". You would use Manage Camera Status (depends on whether you're using the web or app as to where that is found) to (de)activate cameras. You would not use the On/Off switch for the cameras in the camera settings.

thez34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for making this clear! Got it.