Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can anyone get Analytics for Arlo Application to work?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
MikeAndNick
Tutor
Tutor

Today I signed up for the new Analytics for the Arlo Pro camera that lets me filter alerts by People, Animals or Automobile.  I have tried and tried to get it to work but it keeps sending alerts on every movement.  I know it is turned on for the camera because on some video it will ask me if it is a person.  I called the Arlo support line and spent over 30 minutes trying to get the support person to understand they have the new software.  He kept asking me where I purchased it and where I turned it on.  I tried and tried to tell him I did not want to train him on their software and asked for a higher support person but ended up hanging up after 30 minutes.  SO.... Now I am asking the Arlo community.... do any of you know about the new filters or have links to help on the new functionality?

Thank you for your help,

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
Desmodog
Guide
Guide

How do you "sign up" for this feature?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MikeAndNick,

Arlo Smart is powered by modern machine learning algorithms that are always improving. These algorithms are trained to not only detect what caused the motion (Person, for example), but also determine how confident they are in making that identification. If the algorithm is not very confident, Arlo asks you to confirm if it is a person or not. Every time you answer these questions, you are helping to train the Arlo Smart machine learning algorithm to recognize more objects at a higher precision and send you even better alerts.

For more information Arlo Smart and how it works, take a look here: What is Arlo Smart and how can I benefit from it?

JamesC

MikeAndNick
Tutor
Tutor

You sign up by going into your My Arlo application and hit Settings/Subscription.  The second option is Analytics and they will give you a 30 day trial.   Then you will get an extra option on the left side called Arlo Smart to setup your camera.

When told it learns does that mean it does not work?   I am a software programmer and have it hard to belive you deployed a program with no base parameters.  It cannot tell a car from a person but you still deployed it.

Club1820
Star
Star
Omg, you have to pay a monthly fee for this