Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Snowkat80
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I have the outdoor Arlo Pro camera. I plugged in the USB cable to charge the battery. Can the camera be permanently plugged in so it runs off electricity and not battery? Right now I have it plugged in so I thought the battery was charging but then just got a notice that the camera is low on battery. Thanks! Katherine

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the camera can be run off AC power with no battery but I would rather fix the problem first. Are you using the Netgear/Arlo charger with both 5v and 9v outputs? When plugged in, do you get the charging battery icon (battery with a lightning bolt)?

Snowkat80
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I bought the 2 camera and 1 camera Alro Pro at Best Buy. Neither box came with an adaptor. I am going to go to Best Buy tomorrow to find out why the boxes were missing the power cable adaptors. I am currently using a power cable adaptor from Home Depot. Not sure what 5v and 9v outputs mean. Please explain.

Thank you
Katherine
Snowkat80
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also where should I look to look for the charging battery icon?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The packages certainly should have had a power adapter and cable. You would need to look at the tiny print on the charger in good light to see the specs. The proper charger will list outputs of both 5 volts and 9 volts. Many other chargers such as from recent phones support this so you can try one of those in the meantime.

The charging icon shoukd be shown for each camera on the Devices tab. If it's battery-powered only, just a battery will show. If plugged in with a bttery installed, the battery icon will still be there but will have a lightning bolt across it. Lack of that lightning bolt means the battery isn't being charged.