Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can The Base Station Be Named So That It Is Not Visible?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MikenSony
Tutor
Tutor

I see that you cannot rename the base station, can you make it so it is not visible to others?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@MikenSony wrote:

I see that you cannot rename the base station, can you make it so it is not visible to others?

I assume you mean the SSID... No, it can not be changed as there is no access to the base station system.

But, it has been shown a hidden SSID does very little to stop and prevent hacking attemps.... a strong password is better.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@MikenSony

I have been able to rename all 4 of my base stations. Where are you trying to rename it?

As far as invisible, as long as no one knows your email password and you don't share your system, it shuld not be viewable to anyone else.

Brian

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@MikenSony wrote:

I assume you mean the SSID... No, it can not be changed as there is no access to the base station system.

But, it has been shown a hidden SSID does very little to stop and prevent hacking attemps.... a strong password is better.

Morse is faster than texting!
MikenSony
Tutor
Tutor

TomMac,

I am not worried about it being hacked, I just don't want my neighbors to know that I have the system is all.

MikenSony
Tutor
Tutor

brh Master,

I can change it online through Arlo but it will not allow me to change it in the base station itself.