Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can Someone Create An Account & Access My Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
lropp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can someone create their own account and sync my base/cameras to their account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lropp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not even by being close to the unit and some how syncing accounts? My soon to be ex husband comes over to my house for visitations with out little one and I’m worried he can some how get access while being in the same room as the base unit.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No.

lropp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not even by being close to the unit and some how syncing accounts? My soon to be ex husband comes over to my house for visitations with out little one and I’m worried he can some how get access while being in the same room as the base unit.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Not unless he's a master hacker with a background in firmware and linux (unix) and physical access to the inside of the base.

The only way to put your base on another account would be to remove it from yours first and that can only be done thru the app or the website. If he doesn't have access to either of these then your good. If anyone tried to add your base to their account the system would tell them it's already in use and won't let them add it.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@lropp wrote:

No, but if he has access to your router then he can buy another set of Arlo or maybe a spycam like Arlo Go mobile which you don't need a router for it and set it up for himself hiding it somewhere you don't even know it.. Well, hopefully you'll catch him beforehand with your Arlo if he does something suspicious.. Just hope your Arlo won't fail on you though the moment this happens..