Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I connect two bases to an extender?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Maxiehouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

I havw Two base stations one is connect to my modem/router they other is connect to a wifi extended. I am wondering can I connect both bases to extenders.  The extenders I’m using are new and allow you to run 2 wifi networks and I would like both base stations on a separate network

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verifying throughput of the extender (and router) is an important step. However, virtually any modern extender should have plenty of throughput available unless it's at the ragged edge of being able to connect to the router.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@Maxiehouse

Don't see why not.

Brian

Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Just make sure that you are getting a high Upload Speed coming from you extender in order for your 2 base station to properly work. Because tendency of having slow upload speed is that your base's connection will not be stable and could lead to making your system  offline.

🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Verifying throughput of the extender (and router) is an important step. However, virtually any modern extender should have plenty of throughput available unless it's at the ragged edge of being able to connect to the router.