Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Barwon
Tutor
Tutor

GuyCan Arlo base station connect to Nighthawk M1?

I have poor internet upload speeds and have very good 4g. So I am thinking of using an M1 for my Arlo cameras.

20 REPLIES 20
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

However you want to do it, th Arlo base requires two things....an Ethernet port and a min of 1mbs upload speed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Phillopotomus
Aspirant
Aspirant
kayakmorris
Tutor
Tutor
When is the Netgear M1 going to be able to connect to Arlo cameras thru ATT/Verizon in the USA
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kayakmorris,

This feature will be available in a future firmware release. I do not have information at this time for when this firmware will be available.

JamesC

Addyhash
Apprentice
Apprentice

dont know how that will go in Australia, as most 4g mobile ISP's  dont give u an IP address to allow outside access.

kayakmorris
Tutor
Tutor
So, the nighthawk M1 will be released as a USA version to connect to Arlo pro cameras? Correct?
kayakmorris
Tutor
Tutor
WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? Is the Netgear Nighthawk M1 mobile hotspot going to have the firmware upgrade to support Arlo cameras??????? I purchased the Netgear M1 two months ago and it is just sitting collecting dust waiting for this upgrade. When??????
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since it's only for Australia, I have no idea what's going on. I thought, according to the literature, that the M1 came with that capability was already installed. You're seeing differently?

kayakmorris
Tutor
Tutor
It is sold in the USA for ATT. I bought mine at Best Buy in December! Where is the firmware upgrade to make the Arlo functionality work??????
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea what's in the pipeline but the M1 with Arlo capabilities is only for Australia, AFAIK. What the difference is, no idea.

kayakmorris
Tutor
Tutor
Not according to the product data sheet. It says upcoming firmware update will allow on the att.
kayakmorris
Tutor
Tutor
I called them and they said in the next couple of weeks the firmware update will be available
ChrisGuzak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has anyone been able to get this to work on AT&T's mobile broadband? I just got a Nighthawk M1 and notice the Arlo configuration options in the device management page. Given DDNS does not work over mobile brodband I'm hoping that an Arlo solution will. 

kayakmorris
Tutor
Tutor
It does work. I got mine to work and added Arlo pro cameras. No base station necessary. The M1 acts as the base station
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I know the M1 works as a base for Arlo Down Under but the last I heard the firmware for that capability hadn't been added to the US versions.

kayakmorris
Tutor
Tutor
It works in the US. I am on ATT
ChrisGuzak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Awesome. thanks for the confirmation. ordered my Arlo Q Plus. may get other devices once I see that working well.

o2golfgr8
Aspirant
Aspirant
Does anyone know if I can log in to the Nighthawk M1 remotely to see battery level and other stats. I know I can log in from the netgear mobile app when connected via Wi-Fi to the router but can I connect remotely when not in its Wi-Fi range?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's outside the scope of the Arlo forums. Try asking in the appropriate router forum.

BBinAL
Guide
Guide

I have the Nighthawk M1.  I removed the battery and plugged the cord into a UPS.

I have two Arlo Q cameras that are working well.

I installed an Arlo Pro2 and the connection was simple and straightforward.

The battery life, however, was horrible.  All I could get was about 24 hours.  Long conversation with CS (he didn't know the Nighthawk would work with the Pro 2 without a base station) resulted in his advising me to return the Pro 2 as it was probably defective.

I returned the Pro 2 and got another one.  I installed it yesterday at about 2 pm.  I set the video quality for optimized and the motion detection at 1%.  Last night the battery showed to be fully charged.

This morning the battery showed 30%.  There were no videos recorded between the two times I checked.

I called CS this morning, they asked if they could put me on hold while they investigated.  I told them to call me back.  I've waited on hold long enough.

I suspect there is some glitch when using the Nighthawk as a base station.  I'd love to give them the time to sort it out but the return window is short.

If I don't hear back from CS I'll return the camera and seek other options.

This is too bad.  The video was very good and I had high hopes.