Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can Arlo Pro access in China (VMB4000r3)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Arlotime18
Follower
Follower

Hello,

I've setup three Arlo Pro cameras in the US.  I will travel to China next month, and wondering if I can access my Arlo Pro camera recordings or live streaming there? If yes, is there additional setup is require to gain access such as vpn on mobile device or on my laptop.  I read some online posting that Arlo Pro online access might be blocked in China. My model number is Arlo Pro hardware# WMB4000r3 and firmware 1.9.8.0_16666  Please advised. Thank you in advanced for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Any location that has Internet access to https://arlo.netgear.com will work. Others have suggested that China may block this for some reason but that may have changed over time. Unless someone can verify this, you'd have to just try it yourself.

Swordfish8
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, inaccessible. My wife is in China now and all cameras are offline even with a good WiFi connection.
Maverick2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

Real-time viewing is not accessible. Error message saying the basestation is offline. You can still access the recorded version. And if you set up your account with Outlook email address, you will still receive email alerts.