Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
angryraid
Tutor
Tutor
I am at wits end.
This was an issue I could fix by rebooting the camera (only one had this problem, the Spotlight) and now after trying a solution on here, none of them record anymore.

I have a usb plugged in to the hub (restarted the hub) and reformatted the usb. Cameras themselves detect motion fine. Image quality is fine.

This all happened after I reset the hub, had to reinstall it into the app again. Had to connect all three cameras again and now none of them record motion.

I have x2 Arlo Pros
And x1 Arlo Spotlight
6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@angryraid wrote:

I have x2 Arlo Pros
And x1 Arlo Spotlight

Do you mean the Essential Spotliight Model?

Also, do you mean the original Pro camera (720p)  Or do you mean a Pro 2, Pro 3, or Pro 4?

Are you using direct access to local storage (with a VMB4540 or VMB5000 smarthub)? 

Or are you using a subscription for the Essential (and perhaps the other cameras)?

Are you getting notifications but no recordings? Or are you also not getting notifications?

angryraid
Tutor
Tutor
I think it might actually be the Essential instead of the pro. It has the sync and battery cover release on the top.

Yes, spotlight essential.

The base is VMB4000.
I do get motion notifications but nothing in my library.
angryraid
Tutor
Tutor
Update: I found out how to see the recordings in the app, but there are still none from the spotlight essential camera.

(I clicked on the number in the corner of the camera preview next to the settings button).
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@angryraid wrote:
I think it might actually be the Essential instead of the pro. It has the sync and battery cover release on the top.

If you can open the housing, then it is not an Essential at all.

Open the housing and look at the label!

moresoy5auce
Aspirant
Aspirant

same exact thing is happening to me.

i get notifications fine but when i go to look at what it recorded nothing is there. i run the VMB4500 base station with pro's and pro2 cameras. i have used this set up for years. i have had to reset them many times. wiping memory on the base station, updating phones (pretty much yearly) never have had any issues. until now, they just dont record anymore. i even changed my base station tonight to my old VMB4000 and still same thing is happening. its almost like ARLO has created an update to make them this way so they dont work good any longer, like the cell phone companies do.
if anyone has any pointer please help!

thanks

Valerie4
Aspirant
Aspirant

ditto!!!