Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras missing major motion events

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
pdxguy
Guide
Guide

I have two cameras covering my driveway at two different angles. Both should capture similar events. However, there are clear gaps in the saved videos in each camera stream. For example, here are the ONLY videos for a very short interval this morning. The first and last videos show the same event on each cameras, but the MIDDLE videos are absent from the other.

Camera #1:

08:50, 11s

08:58, 5s

09:01, 9s

Camera #2:

08:50, 13s

08:56, 8s

09:00, 15s

09:01, 8s

Any idea why?

4 REPLIES 4
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I noticed your clips have different end times. It looks like you have a connectivity signal issue. How far is your BaseStation from these two cameras? Try rebooting your system and do a live view test & press record for 3-5 minutes and see if you get any constant freeze/drop/pixelated videos/sound.. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have your cameras set to " record if motion continues " ? OR a fixed time ?

What you show is common with record if motion continues setting ( sort of bug ),,, if so I would change over to a fixed time for the record.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
pdxguy
Guide
Guide

Both cameras are very close to the base station, which is locate in the garage.

Both are configured to record as long as motion is detected.

If I configure to record for a fixed period of time (e.g. 10s), what is the gap between two consecutive videos should motion be continuous (e.g. 30secs)?

pdxguy
Guide
Guide