Camera works for a day then stops detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Daffy20
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera was working find then I changed the batteries and now it stops after a day detecting motion. I tried the sync button that worked for a bit. Now if I adjust the video area that gets it going again. I tried removing the batteries for a few minutes and that doesn't have a long term affect as well.

7 REPLIES 7
Dannybear
Master
Master

Is the camera externally powered, if so try running on battery only to see it remains working.

Daffy20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. My camera uses batteries.  If I go into the settings and change the motion sensitivity or recoding area it starts working for about a day

Dannybear
Master
Master

Maybe try power cycling the base station to see if it will continue working.

Pulling the battery for 10sec should reset the camera.

Are you using activity zones, remove them to see if the problem resolves. You should also try externally powering the camera.

There is also a motion test utility in the camera settings menu to assist you to check the motion sensor is working.

Daffy20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I have pulled the batteries.  I have tried the base restart. The camera only works off c23 batteries. I am going to try different batteries that are not cheap. The motion does work well when it works. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

When you open the app to the devices page that shows the cameras pictures you should see some icons above the camera picture that indicate motion and sound detection, flying ball and speaker, next to the battery icon.

Have you observed if the motion icon is black or greyed out when the detection fails? It goes amber is motion is active.

Thinking that you have a mode issue where it is switching to disarmed although it would not explain why it comes good when you play with the camera video settings.

Daffy20
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I tried this and new batteries. It worked for a few days and started all over. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

Have you tried using the camera test utility in the camera settings to determine if the motion sensor is working on the camera?