Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera sometimes detect motion but doesn't record at all. Have subscription.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
lienad2611
Guide
Guide

My camera is hooked up as wireless.  Also, have a subscription.  Cameras sometimes detect motion but do not record all the time.  Even when I go outside and walk in front of the camera it doesn't record.  It recorded the lawn service cutting the grass the other day, but did not record me removing groceries from the car despite being less than 20 feet from the camera.  Some days the cameras work great some days they don't.  Great at recording tree limbs moving when I don't want them to but can't record a Postal Service vehicle delivering mail some of the time.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is the orange yield occuring on the Arlo app on your phone device or the web client on your computer?

If you are referring to the blue bell icon on the web client, that is the siren. And the red telephone icon on the web client is the e911 as you mentioned.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi lienad2611,

Try removing the battery from your Arlo camera and reinserting it back in. Then try testing your camera's motion detection to ensure it's working properly. You can do this by using the motion detection test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

lienad2611
Guide
Guide

Garage camera seemed to magically fix itself.  However, now have a problem with front camera.  Still get the orange yield sign saying that AC power has been removed and zones disabled for this camera.  Garage camera yield sign is gone even though I didn't have to do anything to remove it.  Even though I've had a subscription for these cameras since June 2019 the yield sign has been popping up since february.  Called in previously about this and it was fixed for several weeks, but is now a problem with the front camera.  I brought the camera in to the house and trying to get the yield sign removed.  Also, when I move my pointer over various icons it does not tell me what they are for.  Figured out what the bell was for.  I am assuming that the red telephone is for e911.  Is that correct?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is the orange yield occuring on the Arlo app on your phone device or the web client on your computer?

If you are referring to the blue bell icon on the web client, that is the siren. And the red telephone icon on the web client is the e911 as you mentioned.

lienad2611
Guide
Guide

I've been on the phone with support most of the day.  They were unable to fix the problem.  Apparently Engineering is working on the problem.  This has been an ongoing issue and their have been many like it.  Just fed up with this product.  It has consumed so much of my time.  Cancelled subscription today since it did not work.  Unless my system is working within the week I will return to Best Buy and find something they I can depend on.

lienad2611
Guide
Guide

I've done this several times with Arlo Support.  They were unable to fix the problem and advised me that engineering is working on the problem.  This is an ongoing issue with many Arlo customers.