Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera recording stopping early

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Does anyone know why one or more cameras would start recording and then stop or freeze say 15 seconds into the recording? The recording length is set for 60 seconds but the actual recording length looks like 26 minutes after moving the slider to the right. This has happened a few times on different cameras.

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/F0E6770BEE1FC06A_201805

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This was an issue on the older FW... have you checked that yours is up to date?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@TomMac wrote:

This was an issue on the older FW... have you checked that yours is up to date?

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the reply. FW is 1.8.3.2_17494 on all of them which I am assuming are up to date.

Could it be a streaming issue through the router or something else I can reset?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I think you are right , that is the latest FW release...  I do know this was a past issue ( at least I thought it was ) but I guess Netgear may still be working on it.

I don't think there is anything you can do on your end with the exception of filing a trouble report thru Netgear Support.

( i do know I am running a newer fw version , but more than likely it is a field trial version ) If you contact them, they may allow it to be put on your Q.... one never knows

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks Tom.

It's intermittent, but seems to happen at the time I need it most

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

@DaveWoj I have been having the same issue since 12/5/18 around the same time as the update that "broke" lots of systems.  I have deleted my custom modes and schedules 5 times,  rebooted the base 3 times and reset base back to factory settings and then re-synced camera's, reset custom modes and schedule all with no effect. I contacted support twice regarding this and they have said it is a hardware issue with my base station and are sending a replacement. I suggest you contact support, I am in Australia and used live chat. If you know when the issue started and if it was around the update tell support. Mine had been working fine on set times for around 2 months then suddenly started only recording for 2-30 secs instead of the 45 - 80 secs I had set. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks for the info.... but I think you want to contact the other party...I don't have the issue but then I am not on the same fw as released  ( mine is a field trial version )

EDIT; you already corrected. 

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Thanks for the reply, but my problem is with the Arlo Q's which have no base station.

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

I apologise @DaveWoj I must have been in the wrong forum I thought it was the Arlo Pro forum. It might still be worth contacting support as maybe there was an update for the Arlo Q's as well. Good luck! Monica