Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera not available. When I bring camera inside, it reconnects?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Joecanada
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo camera for a year and half. I added a second camera over 6 months ago. I have one camera outside the front door and one camera inside. I have had no issues for a long time. In the last month. The outside camera goes unavailable. When I bring this camera inside it does reconnect. I have moved the base to within 10 feet of my door. The base was 22 feet away before with no issues. I have re-sync my camera and it is still disconnected when I place it outside the door ( where it worked fine for a year ).
Wonder if thus is interference or how to find out.
Will look for wired camera next.

4 REPLIES 4
Joecanada
Aspirant
Aspirant
So. Does Arlo support help here. ? Or is this a waste of my time ?
Any one have this issue before ?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is a user forum, not official support.

I would swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location. Have you relatively recently added or moved a wireless device near the camera which could cause interference?

Joecanada
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for reply. Yes. I have swapped positions on my 2 cameras. Same results with the camera that is outside. It is summer here so. Temperature is not an issue. It is a covered area.
I have not added any wireless devices. My neighbor did add camera at his place. I will check with him. Possible interference.
Joecanada
Aspirant
Aspirant
Camera was synced. And worked properly for about 4 days. It disconnected again 2 days ago. Not responding.
I checked with the neighbor. And his camera is turned off. No change in functionality of my camera.
Over all. I would not recommend Arlo product. Poor performance and support is useless.