Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera motion detection problems arlo pro

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cjohnson2173
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are detecting minor movements such as a shadow of a small bird, bush limbs in the wind, etc. but does not detecting someone walking by or jumping up and down in front of it. I have tried to adjust camera to zoom in on certain areas and the sensitivity with no success. Very diappointed these aren't more easy to set up if they are functioning properly but I can not see how they are if they do not detect motion when I am deliberately trying to set them off for tweaking.

I also have problems with :camera offline, microphone not always working, camera can not connect, and others things. So far I am extremely dissapointed in this product for the amount of money I have thrown at them. 

HELP! I'm about to take these back to the store.

4 REPLIES 4
HPzzzy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Me experience would ask

What is your isp speed?
How many reception bars are on your camera?
How high or low do you have the camera positioned?
cjohnson2173
Aspirant
Aspirant
My isp speed is good enough for every other wireless device I use at home: phones, game console, smart tv, cpu.

All bars showing (3)

11ft off the ground, 15-20ft from target area with pov set to side to side detection
HPzzzy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Maybe mounted too high... Wifi signals are broadcasting in a downward fashion... Try to lower a camera to see if connection gets better...
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
And it's upload speed that's of most interest which few, if any, of your other devices use.

The WiFi connection between the camera and base can easily be an issue. Distance, walls, ductwork, mirrors, house construction, other wireless devices in the 2.4GHz band, etc. all play into this.

The questions were asked but you didn't provide details so it's hard to guess what's happening. Give full details so we can answer better.