Camera goes offline daily

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ravenlp
Star
Star

One of my cameras has started going offline after about a day of uptime. At first I thought it was a battery problem as it would show 1% battery after plugging it in when it was offline. Allowing to charge for some hours it would work for about a day (if that) and then go back offline. I bought a second battery to test and found that the camera still went back offline. This morning before leaving I plugged the camera into the charger but it's still showing offline in the app. Is there some power drain issue that is causing the cameras to discharge the battery quickly, or is the camera just bad? Seems others have had similar experiences.

I've also noticed that when the camera goes offline it will blink an amber light twice. I've contacted support but have yet to hear back, anyone have any rough idea of the response time for support tickets?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Slow blinking amber is for low battery. Leaving the camera plugged in should have worked so you have a bad camera. Either swap the system at the store or great a case with support.