Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera goes offline and cannot get recording when camera is directly connected

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
dizzyd56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my cameras for about 2 1/2 months.  They where all working fine.  I decided to not use the battery life and ordered the wires to connect to the outlets so the batteries would not have to be charged.  About a month after doing this one of my camera's keeps going offline and I can not get recordings or even view this camera at all.  I have 4 camera's and only one is doing this.  This camera also works for a little after resetting it, but then gives a scrambled picture and does not even record anymore.  I have contacted the support team with the issue and that was last week.  Still no progress from them.  Has anyone else had this problem.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The offline and scrambled video points to WiFi signal strength/quality issues. Move the base closer to the cameras if possible. You can use a powerline or WiFi extender to help with this.

dizzyd56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved the camera and it is still doing this.  This camera is maybe 10 feet from the base and I have on over 100 feet away and have no issues.  This camera is actually the closest to the base.  Not sure but keep having to reset the camera and base to get it to work for maybe an hour or so.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a hardware problem.