Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera: external power ????

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
markambrose
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All - I am looking at purchasing the Arlo Pro wireless camera  - to be installed outside.

I would like it to be connected to the house AC supply (as opposed to purely battery)  - as I have a power source nearby.. The web site says that it can be connected to mains power via the adaptor - but having just spoken to Arlo 'support' - they advided me against it as it would be exposed to the elements (!!) - 

I am somewhat confused by their advice - can anyone reassure me that - a) - it is compatible & will work with a standard UK 240V supply, and b) - that it will be ok in a reasonably sheltered position close to my front door !

Many thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The PRO camera CAN be plugged into the AC all the time and run that way if wanted...AND Yes, the US adapter I have states 100-240v input so that shouldn't be a problem either.

The confusion prob comes from the AC cord... the current one is not outdoor rated an the weather proof one has not been released yet

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The PRO camera CAN be plugged into the AC all the time and run that way if wanted...AND Yes, the US adapter I have states 100-240v input so that shouldn't be a problem either.

The confusion prob comes from the AC cord... the current one is not outdoor rated an the weather proof one has not been released yet

Morse is faster than texting!
markambrose
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks for that -