Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
PMC12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 cameras connected to the base station and within the last few days one of the cameras has become very intermittent when sensing any activity.

ive tried resetting the camera, checked for updates, removing battery, different location.  

It will display live footage.

13 REPLIES 13
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey PMC12,

Have you tried adjusting the motion sensitivity to see if that helps? You can read here on how to adjust it: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

You can also read this article to learn how to optimize motion detection on your camera: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

PMC12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Jessica, i've tries adjusting the sensitivity without  any success.  Not sure what else I can test I think the camera has developed a fault

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Have you tried testing the motion detection to make sure it's working properly? Read here to learn how to use the test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

Mnkorn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with one of my cameras. 

It detects us opening the door and letting the dog out and then 15 minutes later it did not detect someone leaving. To leave you need to walk from the house to the garage and the camera is mounted to the garage

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Mnkorn,

Have you tried the links that are shown above to see if that helps? What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Mnkorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have gotten them to detect motion now. The issue has something to do with activity zones. I adjusted them while the system was armed yesterday and the problem started. Today i disarmed the system adjusted the zones reset the base and then armed the system and that has seemed to have restored motion detection. I do not see this as being resolved. Arlo has a problem with the system that needs attention.
Lastone
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone having trouble with system since app swap? Cameras not detecting motion unless object is close , not detecting motion fast enough when there is motion . Sensitivity set at 95-100%. All started when app went to legacy . Tried tech support but had me go thru the steps that we all would do anyway , like disconnect reconnect , take out batteries reinstall batteries . System is shy of a year old . Now I’m thinking waste of $500
Lastone
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes thank you , ever since the legacy app took over my arlo pros do not detect motion until very close to camera . Sensitivity is at 100. Or camera turns on after someone is walking away !!! Tried everything . Tech support useless
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Lastone,

You mentioned you contacted the support team. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Mnkorn
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras are still malfunctioning. Two calls to support and 3 or 4 hours of working on them and still have problems. Its narrowed down to have something to do with activity zones. I'm very dissatisfied with this product. It's not worth the cost. I should of went with a different brand.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Mnkorn,

You mentioned that you're still having problems even after talking to the support team. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Homewurks
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also experiencing intermittent sensing. The 2 camera kit is not even 4 months old and one camera is giving me trouble. Looking at the posts on here there is no solution to this problem

Very disappointed as I am using these to protect an expensive motorhome

Lastone
Aspirant
Aspirant
I feel like ever since the app swap I have been having the same issues . I was back and forth with tech support for 3 weeks, arlo even swapped out my cameras . I am still having the motion detection issues, not catching movement , batteries dying rapidly . Camera was able to catch people walking on sidewalk , and now a car has to be half way up the driveway before catching motion . I had a package delivered and my porch camera didn’t catch delivery guy till his back was turned and walking away . I’m kinda done with this system . I’m claiming it a $500 loss