Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Highlighted
Aspirant

Camera became very intermittent with motion detection. Tried resetting, removing battery, etc.

I have 3 cameras connected to the base station and within the last few days one of the cameras has become very intermittent when sensing any activity.

ive tried resetting the camera, checked for updates, removing battery, different location.  

It will display live footage.

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 1 of 4
Arlo Moderator

Re: Camera became very intermittent with motion detection. Tried resetting, removing battery, etc.

Hey PMC12,

Have you tried adjusting the motion sensitivity to see if that helps? You can read here on how to adjust it: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

You can also read this article to learn how to optimize motion detection on your camera: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

Message 2 of 4
Aspirant

Re: Camera became very intermittent with motion detection. Tried resetting, removing battery, etc.

Thank you Jessica, i've tries adjusting the sensitivity without  any success.  Not sure what else I can test I think the camera has developed a fault

Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 3 of 4
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried testing the motion detection to make sure it's working properly? Read here to learn how to use the test: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

Message 4 of 4