Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Pricing - bundle vs. single additional cameras...

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
rustygearhead
Guide
Guide

I screwed up, and wanted to share my screw-up in hopes that it would help others  😉

I  bought the 2-camera bundle as a "starter kit" figuring I'd add on to it as needed.

what I neglected to consider was that the single-camera price is $190 each

while if you compare the price of the 2-camera kit to the 4-camera kit the cost of the two "extra" cameras is only $115.

Further, with the 4-camera kit on sale for $600 vs. the usual $650 the cost of the two extra cameras is only $90 each....

or ... less than half the price of a single add-on...

So ... I wish the single-camera price was cheaper  😞

If your mind works the way mine does and you have some "working capital"  ...
you can save your self money by buying a 4-camera kit and selling off the extra cameras on ebay to turkeys like me that under-bought in the beginning....  Smiley Indifferent

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The main advantage to buying two kits over one is obtaining a second base... it is the only real way to expand your camera coverage area ( if needed )

Tho they will be available by themselves, I havent seen this yet.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Yep, I got the 4 camera kit for $599 at bestbuy, saves money in long run.
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

Another nice thing about buying them at Best Buy is getting a $10.00 reward certificate for for each $500. purchase. Add's up after awhile.

rustygearhead
Guide
Guide

That sale is now over, but the one-camera kit is on sale for $199 (only $10 more than just the camera).

I ended up buying one of those and not needing the extra base station will reduce my costs by reselling it on eBay  😉

Retail pricing always keeps me guessing

HB15
Apprentice
Apprentice

At $199, the second base unit effectively only costs you $10.00, so it's clearly the way to go if you plan on purchasing an additional stand alone camera.  I missed the sale, but will keep an eye out for the next one.

lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah lots of my coworkers want to get one too after seeing mine.  I told them to wait for it to get back to $200 or until the Arlo Pro shows up in Costco.