Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Does Not Record With Vehicle Motion

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
devildog66
Follower
Follower

Hi, when I first purchased the Arlo Pro system with three cameras, the cameras recorded all video including from vehicles that were driving by.  In recent weeks, the cameras do not record when vehicles drive by, which I find extremely odd if there is motion within the video area,  All other motion in the area seems to be recorded fine.  I find it odd that vehicles driving by were captured in the first few months the system was set up, but not now.  Nothing else has changed.  Can someone advise on this?

1 REPLY 1
JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Other than giving you the ususal blurb about checking your camera's sensitivity (since you said nothing else had change and the presumption is that you have already checked that), I would pesume that the difference is the seasonal variations or environment affected by seasonal variation, presuming you live in a changing climate. . Arlo begins recording when a heat signature greater than the background moves across the field. The differential in moving signature is what the sensitivity settings control. During warm months cars are very hot, not only from engine warmth but from heat refletions from the sun since they are metal. Though it is counter intuitive, cars in winter many times will have less of a differential to the background heat. You can test this simply by recalling what it feels like to lay your hand on you car hood if it has been setting out in the sun in July, and when you do the same thing is January. The sun is at a lower angle, the car disapates its heat faster to the air when colder. and the intervening colder air absorbs the heat faster.

If you want to see the cars moving by, and you are not already cranked up to 100%, you could do that. Naturally, all this may or may not be the issue, but could explain the change.