Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera Connection

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
aicjofs
Follower
Follower

I have come on here to see what is going on with the Arlo Pro and connecting to the base station, and am seeing a lot of situations, that while not exactly the same as mine, are relatively the same.

The setup worked perfectly for 10 months, then just stopped all together at the end of April, the very next day after Netgear said it will be doing maintenance on their side. Both cameras offline.  So I bring them inside, remove the cameras from Arlo account, remove the base station, reset the Base Station, and the only way to get them to sync is I put them basically touching the base station, and inch further and it blinks all day no sync.  Move the camera more then 2 feet from the base station and offline again.  The base station on latest firmware and the cameras were on the 17000 and then the 19000.  Same result.  Nothing has been changed in the house, bluetooth, wifi, phones, microwaves.  Turned off power to the ENTIRE house except modem, and router, ran a 25ft ethernet and power cable away from the router and hooked up the base station where I see the least signal strength from neighbors, still cameras offline if you move them more then about 24 inches from the base station.  You can see the wifi signal drop in the app every 6 inches you move them away.  Seeing here alot of stuff about interference. Seriously??  Get out with that.  Better not be making a security system that is that easily disrupted by interference that they can't stay connected at less then 3 feet.  It's not interference lets drop that talk altogether, because they can't even connect with my entire house in the dark, either these are junk or the mysterious Netgear maintenance and my cameras going offline the next day is the issue.  Just worked for 10 months poof?  It would have to be the base station because it's both cameras.  Anyone read about failing base stations, firmware issue or this Netgear side maintenance?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, base station can fail...

As to interference, it usu occurs between the base and cameras when place a distance apart.  I have two bases within 10 feet of my router and have no issues as to that.

I would contact Netgear support and see if they can work thru your issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------