Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

CAMERA IS OFFLINE, WILL NOT RESYNC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Pioneerguys
Aspirant
Aspirant

My brand new Arlo Pro 4 CAMERA system worked great for 2 days, then 1 CAMERA went offline. I took it down to check it out, all looks good. Tried to RESYNC to the base station, 1' away and the camera only blinks amber and won't sync.

Help please, I  turned the power off to the system and let it reboot, that did not help.

Kevin

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

did you pull the battery/ replace to reset the camera?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Pioneerguys
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the camera is giving a slow amber blink after installing the battery, that indicates the battery is almost dead.  Recharge it and try again.

V8
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's also a sign that there is an inherent manufacturing defect.

If it's going offline and draining the battery, this is a fault and will potentially re-ocurr after you've charged the battery. There is a documented and well known issue with cameras going offline, depleting the battery and requiring a pull/re-sync and re-charge. This is the same issue that has become more prevelent in the Arlo 2's, just less so in the Arlo Gen1.

Just a shame the same 'work arounds' keep getting banded around and people being fooled into thinking its normal and acceptable.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't think anyone has called it normal and acceptable nor are folks offering workarounds as opposed to properly working devices. We aren't there to see what's happening so have to offer generic advice to try to ensure it's not something other than a hardware fault. As usual, there's no way for a user forum to fix hardware - you have to contact support to get it replaced.