Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

RCooke
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear's 2.5.0 app update broke push notifications on my iPhone X running iOS 11.3.1. I would like to report this bug. I hope the app will be patched ASAP.

269 REPLIES 269
Ducle69
Aspirant
Aspirant
6 pages already .... Still waiting ... hopefully they will release new update on Monday as Dawn said.
Gururaj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank u .., When are they going to fix the issue co it’s almost 3 weeks now ... it’s very hard staying without notifications... what is the contact number of support team ..,
debtiggs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just wondered what’s the status of the push notifications? I have an iPhone 6 and I stopped getting text notifications after the latest update.
I’m on vacation and get no real time notification on my phone!!

When is this going to be fixed? It’s been 4-5 days now?
debtiggs
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not receiving notifications on my iPhone by text since the update. It’s been 4-5 days now. What’s the resolution? I get spotty email push notifications but text notifications have completely stopped. I’m out of state and can’t get notified if someone is on my property. Help....
not happy with the amount of time this has not been working.
Quest3011
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo app update 2.5.0 push notifications (iPhone X, iOS 11.3.1) not working! When will this be fixed? I use the cameras to monitor my 85 yr old mother. Without the notifications the cameras mean nothing!!! Please give an update ! I don’t see anything from Netgear on this issue.
Lexzeus_33
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have iPhone 8+ same issue here.. only once in a blue moon I receive a text! I have only owned the system for less then a week.. Huge bug!! Need this fixed ASAP!!
Archer007
Guide
Guide

Push notifications are not working consistently on my iphone 7 (ios 11.3.1) after the latest arlo app update 2.5.0. either.  They seem to be working on my ipad pro (ios 11.3.1) though.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy
Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.0 - 13th May 2018

Release Type: Minor Release

Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.2 - 14th June 2017.JPG

Details:

Updates to iOS App version 2.5.0

• Support for new Arlo Products
  • Enhancement for Rules
  • Bug Fixes.    <<-------------------- But wait it says here... so you all saying this is a lie? lol
Hendy77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not getting push notifications since the update. But I'm sur ethat's because my cameras haven't recorded since the update. I have re-booted the base station. The little men are clear, not blackened out as usual. I can watch the video feed live with no problem. I'm on Iphone 8, but the issue is the same on my computer and Ipad. Arlo Pro.

Kurtroge
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo uppdate to 2.5. Notifications ok now, but can still not change mode in the app (iPhone)
Ajturton1985
Apprentice
Apprentice
Good luck with this request.

Based on the last 9 months of awful software and firmware updates Netgears testing process seems to be:

Does it load;
If yes, then it’s fine

There have been so many bugs in the last 9 months; it has completely required what used to be a great system. I have like I completely wasted my money buying into the Arlo system and I wish I bought something else.
Red33
Star
Star

Wow is close to midday Arlo,Netgear,Dawn anybody????????

Ducle69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Read all page from 1 to 7 and be smart guys.

Please stop say the same issue here. We dont care .
Leave the space for someone they can tell us that they solve the problem.
Its all about the software and we need to update. Thats all
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

This is ridiculous.  Guys... this isn't an extra/optional feature.  This is crucial to the working of a security camera.

You simply can't release software that breaks critical features and inform no one proactively.  Once this bug was found, a rollback should have been immediate and automatic.

Fix it or roll back.

8Asher
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have found that as long as I have the app open, that I received notifications. As soon as I close the app, I no longer receive notifications. 

Fingers crossed Netgear resolves this issue soon, but until then, hopefully that will help others to get notifications. 

Smonjazeb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue. Haven't been getting notifications reliably since last update.
jhiken
Aspirant
Aspirant

My notification as well have been few and far between.  I shut the system on and off and they come back for a while but do not continue.  This issue just popped up in the last 3 days.

RCooke
Tutor
Tutor

@DawnM

Any update on a rollback until 2.5.0 is actually ready?

KelleyO
Tutor
Tutor

I have found (& tested) that if you enable email notifications as well as push ones on iOS (11.3.1) app on iPhone I am now getting them both.  i.e. I get the push ones from Arlo iPhone app which I wasn’t without the email enabled as well.

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

No offense, but I'm not convinced.  It's working intermittently, so it's difficult to say "officially" that this workaround works unless it comes from someone who specifically knows what the issue is.

For me, it works in fits.  It will work everytime, just fine for 20 minutes, then not work at all for an hour.  So it might seem like you worked around it, but simply hit those windows.

johnnagrrl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  I noticed the battery died super fast over the past few days and the red LED lights are on even when the camera is off.  I also use it indoors.  Freaks me out a little, to be honest.  On top of that, I haven't been getting notifications either.  My husband gets them on his phone (galaxy) but I don't recieve the at all.  Very frustrating.  I hope they put out an update to fix this issue ASAP.

masteronid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still no fix for this?  Why not allow users to roll back to previous IOS already. 

Gururaj
Aspirant
Aspirant
Even I don’t know why no one is answering on this issue ... arlo manager at least should have responded about this issue...
Elynch
Guide
Guide
Any one thought of contacting the media for some extra help on the issue?
Not a bad idea- and I’m sure would get some IMMEDIATE attention from NETGEAR.
This is more than a small issue.
These cameras are near useless right now and SHOULD NOT BE SOLD with this issue.
The fact that NETGEAR hasn’t addressed the issue with an email to ALL users explaining the problem and what’s being done to fix it, isn’t okay.
If this isn’t fixed or addressed today, I’m thinking of making some phone calls.
It’s a faulty product with terrible customer service. The public should be aware.
The very least they could have done was told users NOT to update the app, KNOWING it would render the system USELESS.
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary
I’m still on iOS 11.3, and after I logged out/in to the app my push notifications have been working.