Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SanderJ
Star
Star

Hi guys,

I got this problem which makes the camera as good as unuseable. At night the camera shifts to maximum brightness. Sadly, these settings are maintained during the day which makes my whole picture one big lightbulb and I really can't see a thing on it (attachment). Manually adjusting the brightness every night/morning isn't really user friendly I guess.

Very, very ridicolous for a so called 'outdoor camera'. Got the Pro version by the way. Netgear fix this. I searched to forum and found some workaround but cannot manage to save the brightness. Is this possible at all? Is Netgear working on this issue?

Regards,

Sam

download.png
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like you changed the brightness while live viewing. Use live view again and click on the brightness icon (sun). Change the slider to your desire and be sure to save the setting.

SanderJ
Star
Star
Thanks for your reply. I didn’t touch the brightness level at all. Installed it out of the box.
Tell me where the save button is please.. see attachment..
5F25DF8E-44DA-4C28-B9DD-904EB0ED5536.png
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SanderJ,

Can you provide a screenshot of this issue?

Edit: Sorry missed the screenshot was already posted

I'll escalate this topic and provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@SanderJ wrote:
Thanks for your reply. I didn’t touch the brightness level at all. Installed it out of the box.
Tell me where the save button is please.. see attachment..

The save selection is available when you're actually adjusting the brightness. Use the "sun" icon, adjust the slider. For the web page, saving is now automatic. For the Android app, a check mark appears on the right of the slider if a change is made - that's the save selection. I assume iOS is similar.

SanderJ
Star
Star

Okay got it. Last night I didn't use the outdoor lamp besides the door. This morning the brightness was at the right level and the camera gave a good picture. Tonight I will put on the lamp again and see if I can reproduce the issue.