Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Both cameras are offline after 6 days

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cho7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there.

I'm in holidays since 6 days now, and my 2 cameras are now offline.

It seems that both cameras were working fine before some point (at least 9:00pm, where I have a false motion detection), then stop working at the same time (they were both down at 11:30pm)

Arlo base seems to be alive, I'm even able to change my modes. And that's all.

That's frustrating, because I'm now as blind as before.

And that's irritating, because I paid 549€ for these cameras...

All of this happened 10 hours ago, why my cameras are not able to reconnect by themselves ??

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You might find the camera batteries are flat and need recharging. Have you got someone near your house than can open the battery compartment, remove the battery for 10s, replace the battery and close the case and re-mount the camera? If the orange light flashes, could they recharge the camera/battery?

cho7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your answer !

Unfortunately no one is able to remove/replace the battery for me, so I'm stucked.

Anyway, battery levels were at 100%, I have my cameras since 3 weeks or so. So I don't think they are flat 😞

cho7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Steve, 

well, I had a (false) alert during the night from on of my cameras, and when I checked to confirm or not, then I discovered that all my cameras are now up & running. 

Very strange. Is there a way to know what happened ? Is there any logs within the camera that we could access in order to troubleshoot this ?

Thanks

ENR
Aspirant
Aspirant

You did not say if your camera is plugged into power? 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Whoa. That really is strange. What are your internet connection speeds? My only thoughts are that it took that long to download and install the firmware update and restart. For logs, you'd have to ask support if there's any way to get them

cho7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nop, they are all running on battery

cho7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well, my connection is an ADSL connection with approx. 1100kb/second as download speed, which is fairly honest I guess ! I'll try to exchange with the support team but I'm on holidays right now, so it might be when I'll return