Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Blue light on briefly when system disarmed

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SallyC Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a VMB4000 and it's been working fine for a year or so.  But I noticed that sometime, when the sytem is disarmed, I see the blue light flashing for a bit.   What does this mean?

The kb says the blue led means it's sycing with the base station but it's not armed and therefore not recording or, presumably, even monitoriing.

Thanks.

Guru jguerdat Guru
Guru

I assume you mean the blue LED on the camera. It shouldn't be blinking at all. Try power cycling the base and reinsert the battery in the camera.

SallyC Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdatwrote:

I assume you mean the blue LED on the camera. It shouldn't be blinking at all. Try power cycling the base and reinsert the battery in the camera.

Yes, I do mean the blue light on the camera. 

If I powercycle the base, will I need to reconnect the cameras again?  Also, there is a battery in the camera, but it is connected via usb to an outlet so the battery's ony a backup that's never been used. So do I need to reinsert the batteries again (it's kind of a pain to get to the cameras so I don't want to do this if I don't have to.)

Thanks.   

brh Master
Master

@SallyC

You should not have to reconnect the cameras if you just unplug the base from power for 1 minute then power back up and let the base reboot until all the lights on the base are green.

Brian

SallyC Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdat @brh

Thank you both.  Since it's an intermittant issue - I just happened to look up and see it flash on - I'm not sure how to test if this fixes it.  I'm really curious what would cause it to do this.  The fear, of course, is that someone has hacked in.  I am not using any default passwords and don't see how this could happen, but I don't know why that light would flash on either.

brh Master
Master

@SallyC

I doubt if you have been hacked. More than likely it is a power fluctuation or the camera is near the edge of its range and dropping out for a few seconds. 

Brian