Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Blue light on briefly when system disarmed

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SallyC
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have a VMB4000 and it's been working fine for a year or so.  But I noticed that sometime, when the sytem is disarmed, I see the blue light flashing for a bit.   What does this mean?

The kb says the blue led means it's sycing with the base station but it's not armed and therefore not recording or, presumably, even monitoriing.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I assume you mean the blue LED on the camera. It shouldn't be blinking at all. Try power cycling the base and reinsert the battery in the camera.

SallyC
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdatwrote:

I assume you mean the blue LED on the camera. It shouldn't be blinking at all. Try power cycling the base and reinsert the battery in the camera.

Yes, I do mean the blue light on the camera. 

If I powercycle the base, will I need to reconnect the cameras again?  Also, there is a battery in the camera, but it is connected via usb to an outlet so the battery's ony a backup that's never been used. So do I need to reinsert the batteries again (it's kind of a pain to get to the cameras so I don't want to do this if I don't have to.)

Thanks.   

brh
Master
Master

@SallyC

You should not have to reconnect the cameras if you just unplug the base from power for 1 minute then power back up and let the base reboot until all the lights on the base are green.

Brian

SallyC
Apprentice
Apprentice

@jguerdat @brh

Thank you both.  Since it's an intermittant issue - I just happened to look up and see it flash on - I'm not sure how to test if this fixes it.  I'm really curious what would cause it to do this.  The fear, of course, is that someone has hacked in.  I am not using any default passwords and don't see how this could happen, but I don't know why that light would flash on either.

brh
Master
Master

@SallyC

I doubt if you have been hacked. More than likely it is a power fluctuation or the camera is near the edge of its range and dropping out for a few seconds. 

Brian