Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Marcih
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought Arlo pro 2
The battery is lasting maybe one week? Is this normal?? I have it set for best battery life and this is still an issue. Help! Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marcih wrote:
I just bought Arlo pro 2
The battery is lasting maybe one week? Is this normal?? 

Mine last 4-6 weeks (maybe more) - so it is not normal.

It does depend on the amount of recording the camera has to do (and if you use activity zones, there are "phantom" recordings that you never see).   About how many recordings are you seeing per day?

Battery life will go way down if the camera resyncs itself to the base a lot.  Are you seeing any symptoms of lost connection? 

One thing to try is to restart the base station.  Then remove/reinsert the battery from the camera(s) to restart them.

Marcih
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera is situated in a playroom in my house
Can I set the amount it records? I don’t need it to record every single second maybe that’s why the battery is losing life easily? Thanks for the reply

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Marcih wrote:
The camera is situated in a playroom in my house

Then one option is to just power the camera.

@Marcih wrote:

Can I set the amount it records? 

Yes.  You can change the motion sensitivity, and turn off audio detection.  Also adjusting the camera position can help manage the amount of recording.  There are some tips here: https://kb.arlo.com/000051462/How-do-I-position-my-Arlo-Pro-2-camera

If the camera is powered, you can also set up activity zones.  But if the camera is battery-powered, that won't improve battery life.  That's because recordings are still made and sent to the Arlo cloud.  If the motion is outside of the zone, then the recording is automatically deleted.   But activity zones will reduce the amount of recordings (which can get out of hand when the camera is in a high traffic area).