Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Battery Won't Charge Using The Arlo Charger

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
trekproperties
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo pro (the one with one battery) will not charge when I use the cable provided by Arlo.  The battery that came with the pro worked great, but this is the first time I have attempted to charge and it won't reconize the provided adapter.  Any idea's. Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, make sure it's really the Ntegear/Arlo power adapter that supplies both 5v and 9v outputs. If good, it could be the charger, cable or camera that's the issue. Try a different cable. A different charger such as those from recent Samsung phones can be used for testing (has to be Qualcomm QuickCharge capable with both voltages noted above). Try the charger on a different camera if you have one.

trekproperties
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much.  I tried changing the cables but the metal end was not long enough so I switched out the charger/adaptor with the charger I charge my phone with and like magic it is charging.  Very dissapointed that the equipment that was provided with the cameras (charger ) is faulty.  For the price of the Arlo systems this shouldn't happen.  Thanks again for the advise I will keep my fingers crossed it continues to work and on my other cameras too. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Electronic failures happen all the time. The chargers aren't specific to Arlo - they're really commodity items. Open a case with support to get the charger replaced.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx