Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
mcalamia1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I charged my batteries and within 24 hours they were depleted?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Need all the details. What's the WiFi strength? How many total minutes of recording and live view per day are you using? Spec battery life is based on <5 minutes total per day.

mcalamia1
Aspirant
Aspirant

My batteries are draining to o% within a day and a half. Arlo sent me new batteries and they drained to nothing as well.  My cameras were not activated and they still drained to o%.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Was the base turned off? Have you brought the cameras near the base to observe the battery discharge rate?

MSP66
Tutor
Tutor

I have 5 cameras and all 5 have drained the batteries within a week. The odd thing is, prior to the last charge of all 5 batteries, the cameras lasted 7 weeks and even then were not completely drained... average percentage was around 35% at the time of charging. I have not changed any settings, locations or camera angles and the outside temps have not significantly changed. Is it possible there was some sort of update that is now negatively impacting battery life? If I haven't changed anything why would ALL 5 show this change in behavour? As an FYI, I've had this set up for just over a year now so I've learned how to get the most battery life setup and haven't had any problems until now. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reboot the base and see if there's a difference.

kcdk99
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any resolution here? I’m having the same problem. I’ve had the cameras for a little under a year and then just a few weeks ago one of the cameras starts dying within a week after typically lasting for up to 2 months. Not much recording (2-3 times/week max) and this camera is right outside the window from the base station (~8 feet). I’ve restarted the base station and removed/reinstalled the battery to restart the camera. Frustrating.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick first step would be to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it. Update firmware if prompted. Re-add the camera to any custo modes.

kcdk99
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat wrote:

A quick first step would be to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync it. Update firmware if prompted. Re-add the camera to any custo modes.

Thanks, that seemed to do the trick for me. I had to update my SmartThings custom mode as you suggested, but luckily when I re-added the camera, SmartThings recognized it as the same device on Arlo and I didn't have to update any SmartApps there or pistons in webCoRE.