Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries not charging

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BQS808
Follower
Follower

All 3 of the cams batteries died and i have been trying to charge them with the cord provided. I have tried all cams and different outlets and I bought a new charging cord but it still wont charge. It shows its plugged in and it will work while charging but after I unplugg it it dies again. I have charged it for 4 hrs, 8 hrs and even overnight. Still no luck. I forked out the money to buy the solar pannels (which i saw had bad reviews) they wont arrive for 2 weeks.  I really need security cams at my office location.

cant find a contact # for Arlo and i read somewhere that they charge for customer support. Plase lmk if there is anything special i need to do to get my batteries to hold a charge.

Any feed back is appricated.

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

That seems very strange to occur to all 3 cameras. I would have to suspect there's a problem with your charger. When the charger is plugged in and it's charging, can you go to the camera settings and see what the battery level is up to? Does it get to 100% and the blue LED on the front of the camera stays solid? Are you using the genuine charger or just the cord?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The charger needs to support Qualcomm's Quick Charge capability with 5v (which will run the cameras) and 9v (which will charge the batteries). That's why you need to use the Netgear charger.

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom hereto open a case.