Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries drain rapidly on Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Brina282
Follower
Follower

My batteries are draining rapidly. Arlo suggested updating the camera and that still doesn't work. I placed new Panasonic batteries in the camera and after 2 hours its already at 93%. I noticed its recording up to 2 minutes every time it detects motion. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Edit your rule for that camera in your recording mode to reduce the time it records for per activation. It's a parameter that someone has set somewhere along the way. 30-40 seconds is typically enough and the camera will finish recording and will start again after a delay if there's still motion going on in front of it

Because you're inserting Panasonic batteries in your camera, I expect you have an Arlo wirefree HD, not an Arlo Pro as what is suggested by the section you have made this post in

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ALso, spec battery life is for <5 minutes per day of recording and live viewing. 2 minute recordings easily achieve and exceed this so backing down your recording time and eliminating false triggers will help. Don't go for a large view that causes the triggers - just focus on the area of real interest. Post screenshots for suggestions.