Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
3robinkids
Follower
Follower

I've read several related comments but none have fixed my issue so trying a new string of chats...Everything says offline after a power outage. The Arlo Pro2 VMB4000 basestation has been unplugged for several minutes and now it has all green lights. However, it still says "offline" I tried to remove a camera and add new device but when I get to the part where you choose adding it to a base station it wont let me since it says offline? Help!! 

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Force stop the app and re-open it. Try both cell service and WiFi. Also, try a computer browser (a mobile browser with also work if set to use the desktop version of the site). 

ash049
Initiate
Initiate

It looks like when you are trying to use the web access on the iPhone through my.arlo.com (desktop version i presume - it has the same address as on my notebook), after pressing "View cameras" a screen appears suggesting to launch the iOS app. And it just would not let you view the cameras without doing that. Thus - with an iPhone - no luck with the iOS app ->no access to the cameras..

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using the web client on the notebook and see if that also shows the base as offline.

If it does, then remove the base (and cameras) from the account, and then re-add them.  You can do this from the web cliient, you don't have to use the app.

Nothappy1234567
Guide
Guide
Same issue repeatedly!!! This has been happening at least 3 times a week for the last few months. It last for an hr or so which means I have no control over the device. I can’t turn alarm on. It is annoying and technical support come up with silly ‘solutions’. Remove all devices, resync, change internet frequency, internet is too slow (after sending multiple screenshots of speed test and proven it is not)...I’ve had a case open for over a month and arlo have provided no resolution (well one that works).
ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

When we have that problem we unplug the base, then unplug our router, then unplug our modem..wait 2 mins..then plug in modem, wait 30 seconds, plug in router, wait 30 seconds, plug in base.

We then have no problems until next power outage.

Hope this helps