Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station wifi config?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dookie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is the private base-to-camera wifi network at all configurable?  I would love to be able to manually set the channel.  If not, do you expect this in future firmware?  I am in a wifi-dense area and the auto channel select seems to make poor choices...

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, not configurable in the least.  I expect, but don't know for sure, that it will never change due to the possibility of compromising the security designed into the system. If you have access, it's easier for someone to figure a way around how to make other changes.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

dookie wrote:

Is the private base-to-camera wifi network at all configurable?  I would love to be able to manually set the channel.  If not, do you expect this in future firmware?  I am in a wifi-dense area and the auto channel select seems to make poor choices...

As mentioned above...

But the base unit if fairly close to you home wifi will follow the same channel as the home router.... Netgear has stated the two sharing the same channel shouldn't be a problem re collisions. So you can change you router to a clearer channel and reboot the Arlo base... it should follow to the same.

Another work around but not permanent if close to the home router AND the base unit reboots , is to change you router , reboot the base unit to follow and then change your router back to the original channel.... not pretty but it works

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------