Base station offline while abroad

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rudic
Aspirant
Aspirant

I use the Arlo VMS4330-100EUS (Base station and 3x Pro cameras) at home in the Czech Republic. I originally set up everything on 7 May 2024. I then went to my second home in the UK. The Arlo App worked for about two weeks only and then it stopped and it said that the Base station and the cameras were off line. I sent a friend into my house in the Czech Republic where the Arlo set was installed to check and he confirmed that the base station and the cameras were on line and there are only green lights on the base station yet I could not see any connection on my app. I then went to the Czech republic last week and I had to remove the base station and then I had to re-add the base station and the three cameras in my app again. This time it has only worked for 3 days and now it says that the Base station is offline again! I’m back in the UK. This is extremely frustrating for me. Is there any security location feature which is stopping me being able to see the life feed and the recording of the three cameras while abroad?

Thank you
Rudi
3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Rudic 

Do you experience the same symptom if you are on wifi, mobile data or a computer using a web portal?

Rudic
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, I do

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

It appears you may be experiencing hardware failure based on the frequency of the offline events. If a factory reset doesn't resolve the issue, you may need to consider replacing the unit