Base station offline - all lights green

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
dennisbye
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the last week my VMB4000 Base Station has gone offline so that cameras do not show up in the app, but all the lights on the front of the base station remain solid green.

I'm curious if there's been an update that's causing this as I get this error in the app when I try to re-add a camera:

dennisbye_0-1667415478346.jpeg

and the base station looks like this:

dennisbye_1-1667415516075.jpeg

When I cycle the power on the base station, then it operates normally again.

Any ideas why it's offline but the lights are showing online, along with why it's suddenly going offline frequently?

13 REPLIES 13
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Is this still happening as of today? There were some backend changes that were supposed to have fixed these issues. Are you running the latest version of the app?

dennisbye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - as of 10am PDT.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You may need to try a factory reset and re-onboard your cameras if the issue persists. I do not see your device online. 

dennisbye
Aspirant
Aspirant

it must have gone offline between when I received a low battery email at 9:25am and when you responded at 10:42am.

I've tried resetting the base station (holding down the reset button for 30 seconds) and it's not resetting. Here's a video: Reset Video 

How should I reset the VMB4000 if pressing the button with a paperclip is not working?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Did you happen to follow the steps in this article here: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-Base-Station

dennisbye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - that is the article I consulted to reset it. 

I used a straightened paperclip to press and hold the Reset button on the back of the Base Station for about 10 seconds. When I released the Reset button, the lights on the front of the station did not change. 

Dannybear
Master
Master

I experienced similar behaviour and had to pull the base station apart to access the reset button with a multi meter to rework the reset switch multiple times to make it activate.

If not inclined to do this competently then replace the base station or install a smart plug to remotely power cycle the base going forward.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dennisbye wrote:

Yes - that is the article I consulted to reset it. 

I used a straightened paperclip to press and hold the Reset button on the back of the Base Station for about 10 seconds. When I released the Reset button, the lights on the front of the station did not change. 

Maybe try disconnecting / reconnecting power, and then try the reset again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Also, be sure hear and feel a click when pressing that reset button. It may be somewhat misaligned with the hole. 10 seconds may not be enough - try 15-20 seconds.

georgypg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue is happening to me too, I lost all recordings and also all cameras and base station offline even after multiple reset. What is going on... please look at user georgypg

Dannybear
Master
Master

@georgypg 

When you performed the factory reset on the base station did you hold the button until the LEDs started blinking.

What are the LEDs showing?

dennisbye
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately the base station won't reset when I push the button in and I think I need a replacement. Does anyone know where to get a replacement if you already have the cameras? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dennisbye wrote:

Unfortunately the base station won't reset when I push the button in and I think I need a replacement. Does anyone know where to get a replacement if you already have the cameras? 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories/VMB4540-100NAS.html