Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station and cameras offline

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Turc2
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have recently had my arlo pro base station and cameras go offline. But for some reason it still detects motion and sends me notifications, but I am still unable to check my cameras live.

I have done a hard reboot on both my base station and internet router.

Please let me know if I need to do anything else to help solve this issue.
5 REPLIES 5
JH5302
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too am having similar difficulties. Noticed a camera was offline and tried re-syncing to no avail. Tried a hard reboot and still no connection but now it's saying the base station is offline even though all lights are green. Lastly I tried removing the base station completely with the idea of a total reinstall. Zippo.
JH5302
Aspirant
Aspirant
Took the reinstall this morning and all cameras and base station are working fine now.
Turc2
Aspirant
Aspirant
What does the reinstall that you performed all include? Just so I know I do it right?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove all devices in Settings,My Devices. Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras. Verify that all firmware is up to date by coparing yours to the Release Notes section here.

dannyfritz
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am running into this problem. Been using Arlo Pro for many months now. The base station, and all of the cameras started showing up as "offline" in the app. However, they were all still functioning, recording videos, etc., despite being offline. I removed the device to try and readd it, but now I can't even add the device back to my account. Seems I can sync cameras to the base, just can't get my account reattached to the base station. I've tried connecting with my phone, Edge browser, and Chrome browser, but none work so far. Even factory resetted the base a couple times now.

Will try again later as this seems to me to be an issue either with the base station or netgear's account service.

UPDATE: It connected now. I followed the advice here to "power cycle" in a specific order. All of them had been turned on and off in previous attempts, but not in the specific order. https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-Offline-but-Arlo-Q-Working/m-p/1373972/highlight/true#M42...