Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Base Station and SanDisk Ultra Fit 128Gb USB Drives?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
shipoopi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any one know if there are any issues with 

SanDisk Ultra Fit

USB flash drive - 128 GB - USB 3.0

drives?

sandisk.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The spec on the Pro base / drive  maxs at 2TB  in fat32 format... don't think its usb v3 but a 2

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The spec on the Pro base / drive  maxs at 2TB  in fat32 format... don't think its usb v3 but a 2

Morse is faster than texting!
shipoopi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, as of right now I'm not looking for 2TB storage but that's definitely helpful for future growth.  I'm looking for something small and compact, ie not a lot of additional stuff hanging off the base station.

I find it interesting they aren't USB 3.0 though (transfer rate)...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
2TB is really overkill. I use a 16GB thumb drive which lasts me a few months with and average of 100 videos a day.

USB 3.0 is also overkill due to the file size and data rate needed to store the videos. Note that the base is only 100Mbps for the same reason.
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

shipoopi wrote:

Any one know if there are any issues with 

SanDisk Ultra Fit

USB flash drive - 128 GB - USB 3.0

drives?

sandisk.jpg

I'd be more concerned about the width of the usb connector, can't tell fom the pic wich is the connecting side but I would check for available space in the back of the base station.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are short USB extension cables for places where a particualr device won't fit (I have some Hauppauge USB TV tuners that came with these).  However, there's no reason to get expensive with a thumb drive for this purpose unless it's for tranfer rates when connected to a computer.