Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Won't Connect To The Internet

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
GeorgiaDad
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station all of a sudden won’t connect to Internet. Power button light is green and internet light is green and blinks every once in a while?

16 REPLIES 16
steve_t
Master Master
Master

If power and internet lights are green, it IS connected to the internet. Is the camera LED also green?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi GeorgiaDad,

Have you tried rebooting the Base Station? you can also reboot your modem/router. There may have been a drop somewhere and caused the Base to disconnect. If the Leds are green they are connected.

GeorgiaDad
Aspirant
Aspirant
My system is not working. I only have one camera but when I try to look at through my phone it says it’s not connected to the internet. I have restarted everything a couple of times. I noticed that the on the net gear router there is an orange light where the Arlo base is plugged in and not green. Also I noticed when I walk past the camera an orange light comes on briefly.?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The router LED being amber simply means that the base is connected at 100Mbps - that's normal.

WHat LED is turning on amber when you walk past a camera? If it's on the camera, that generally means the batteries are low and need to be changed. Have you done that? Also, what are the LEDs on the base showing?

Maryaeila
Aspirant
Aspirant
why can't I connect to the internet I have two green lights on and no internet connection everything in my house is working fine on the internet why won't my Arlo connect?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Maryaeila,

You may have a bad Ethernet Cable running from router to your base station. Try and use a different cord and port if that does not help.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Maryaeila wrote:
why can't I connect to the internet I have two green lights on and no internet connection everything in my house is working fine on the internet why won't my Arlo connect?

You have to provide more info than that. What makes you think the base isn't connected to the internet? What is happening, what are you doing? What is working and what isn't working? Error messages?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Which 2 LEDs are green? What's the 3rd one doing? If power and Internet are green, you're connected to the servers so something else is happening. As said above, we need details.
Myrna46
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had a power outage a month ago and since then have not been able to connect arlo to the Internet.  I have reset but hasn't helped.  Any suggestions.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Myrna46 wrote:

Had a power outage a month ago and since then have not been able to connect arlo to the Internet.  I have reset but hasn't helped.  Any suggestions.

What color are the LED lights on the front of the arlo base?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try turning the router and base off and then back on, in that order.

hockeyrob
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. Running a VMB3010r2, with s/w version 2.6.1, and last week, after a long time being available on the Internet, suddenly stopped sending me notifications. I was on vacation, and was getting the usual notifications about rain and leaves, just stopped sending messages. When I got home, I found it was no longer connecting to the internet. Two lights were on and green, power and cameras. Rebooted the base station right away by turning it off, waiting ten seconds, and then restarting. It returned to the same state. Researched it here a bit, then tried reset again. This time, I turned it off, disconnected the power cable, waited, plugged it back in, restarted it. Power light was amber for a while, then green. Camera light went green and Internet light amber, and eventually the Internet light went off. It is next to the router to which it is connected, and the connection light is on. Disconnect the Ethernet cable, connection light goes off, reconnect and it goes back on, which really just says router and Ethernet hardware is talking. Anyway, rebooted base station again, more slowly, with power disconnect again, and...same result. Power and camera lights are green, Internet was amber and is now off.

The only recent change is adding the smart capability, in hopes it would stop telling me about the rain, bugs and falling leaves. That change was made a day or so before it started failing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rebooting your router may be the fix.

hockeyrob
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the base station on a DGND3700 that hangs off my primary (AT&T) router. It’s (currently) the only thing on that router, so its easy to reboot. Curious why that would be the solution; there hasn’t been anything but Arlo traffic on that network for...well over a year, no network changes of any kind. But, I’ll try it and let you know.

R;

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know the technical reasons for this but it's been noted several times here that the router reboot clears the problem as if something in the router blocks access. It's also been known that the router reboot hasn't fixed things so all you can do is try it.

hockeyrob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Again, it is a DGND3700....been up for quite a while. Turned it off, back on. Base station didn’t connect, so I power cycled it too, and then they connected.

Might have had to clear ARP cache...I dunno; this router is on a small side-network with nothing but Arlo traffic. Weird, but now working.

thanks,

R;