Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station VMB4000r3 -- Siren does not work when motion is detected

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jasonnn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base Station VMB4000r3

After set up the siren worked one time with motion detection automation.  Ever since that first test it does not work.  I can manually switch it on via the web (not via the mobile app) and turn it off via the mobile app (but not the web) or turn it off via the button on top of the base station.    But....when the siren is set to turn on when the camera detects motion the siren will not come on.  The video recording and notifications work when motion is detected.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While a PITA, I'd suggest removing all devices from your account and start fresh, as if you just bought it. That clears out a lot of weird happenings.

jasonnn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your response.  I think I did that twice already.   Maybe I'm not doing what you have suggested.  How would you go about "removing all devices from your account"?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Settings, My Devices (if using the old UI that shows Library to view videos) or Settings, Home, Devices (if using the new UI that shows Feed to view videos). Each device has a button at the bottom to remove the device.

jasonnn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you talking about when I log into https://my.arlo.com ?

I can go to Settings but I don't see My Devices under Settings.

Under Settings I can go to the location under Locations and Plans and then go to Devices.

After that I can drill down into the base station and "Remove Device".  I have done that a few times now, re-added it to my account, resynced the camera, and set up the motion detection rules again but the siren will not sound when motion is detected with the camera.

jasonnn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also done a restart of the base.  I've done the reset of the base.  I've done the camera battery removal to try and reset something there.  It always ends up the same that the operation of the system is exactly as expected except the siren will not sound when motion is detected even though it is in the rule set for motion detection.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@jasonnn wrote:

Are you talking about when I log into https://my.arlo.com ?

I can go to Settings but I don't see My Devices under Settings.

That's why I listed 2 methods - one for the old UI (which you restate above) as well as for the new UI.

Under Settings I can go to the location under Locations and Plans and then go to Devices.

After that I can drill down into the base station and "Remove Device".  I have done that a few times now, re-added it to my account, resynced the camera, and set up the motion detection rules again but the siren will not sound when motion is detected with the camera.

That's all I was asking. Since you've done that, now it's time to look at the modes and rules. Note that each rule allows for Add an Action - have you looked in there to see if there's a way to set off the base's siren? I don't have a 4500 so can't comment as to whether it's possible.