Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Internet Port vs Ethernet Port. WiFi router has 1 direct internet plug and 4 ethernet?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MaKenzi17
Follower
Follower

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my internet speed, which in turn gave me a wifi router and modem instead of just a wifi router. The wifi router has ONE direct internet plug and FOUR "ethernet" plugs in the back.

My internet will not stay connected if the Modem is not hardwired in the ONE internet slot (the ethernet ports are not an option). I have tried attaching my Arlo Base Station each of the FOUR ethernet ports in the back of the wifi router - each time I do this, the light comes up amber (I have a 3 light base station - it is the light on the far left coming up amber).

I am confused why this is a problem. Anyone able to advise? I cannot seem to get it brought back online even though I just upgraded my internet. Incredibly frustrating. 

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm confused as to what LED turns amber when plugging into one of the 4 Ethernet ports. The Ethernet port should turn amber indicating a 100Mbps connection - that's normal. However, if the power LED on the base (the one on the left) turns amber, that's a different problem. I don't know why plugging it into the router would cause this but a bad port on the base could be the issue. If the latter is happening (the power LED turning amber) use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a possible hardware problem.